Marshmallows make the perfect Christmas treat! Easy to create but over so effective, your family will love these little pockets of joy throughout the festive season.
|Contents of 3||Enchanting Berry Tea|
|400g||Frozen mixed berries|
|Zest and juice of an orange|
|2 tbsp||Lemon Juice|
To make the berry puree
• Combine all the ingredients for the berry puree together in a saucepan. Cook over a medium high heat until thick and syrupy.
• Allow to cool and blend till smooth. Pass through a sieve and set aside
• Line a rectangle tin the greaseproof paper and dust evenly with the cornflour icing sugar mixture. Set remaining aside.
• Set the egg white and 2 tbsp of sugar removed from the 700g in a freestanding mixer bowl with a whisk attached.
• Soak the gelatin in cold water.
To make the marshmallow
• In a large saucepan place the sugar glucose and water together. Slowly bring to the boil (do not stir), brushing down the sides frequently with water to prevent crystals forming. Cook the mixture till the thermometer reads 125C- Hard ball stage.
• Once the right temperature has reached, remove from heat and squeeze out excess water from the gelatin. Add the gelatin and stir.
• Whisk the egg whites on full speed till light and foamy. Reduce the speed to low and slowly stream the gelatin sugar mixture into the bowl being careful not to make the mixture touch the whisk. Whisk on full till the mixture begins to thicken and cool down.
• Spoon a 1/3 of the mixture into the tin. Add 2 tbsp of berry puree to the bowl mix and whisk to combine. Add a 1/3 of this mix on top of the white mixture and spread.
• Add the remaining puree to the mix in the bowl and whisk to combine. Spread the mixture on top and allow the mixture to set overnight.
• Cut into cubes and coat in the cornflour icing sugar mixture.